Tuesday, October 1, 2013

31 days of Horror Movies in October

Hey everybody, I decided to try the 31 day horror challenge for the first time this October. The way I am going to do it is one movie a day from Oct 1-14. 2 a day from the 14-23 and 3 a day from the 24-30. Halloween gets four movies, and likely quite a few more, as I usually host a horror movie marathon on Halloween. The cool thing about most of these movies is that they are only about 90 minutes long, so they are not a huge time commitment. I am doing movies I own but have never seen, as well as ones that I love. A few from netflix will be in here too. Each day I only have from 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM to watch a movie. If I am forced to skip a day, I must complete it on the next day. I am not going to repeat any movies, because that's lame. I am going to watch the entire Halloween series as well, because that's what this month and challenge are all about, plus it's my favorite series.
All movies are the original unless otherwise noted.
Hopefully I can follow each film with a review.

Oct. 1- Interview With a Vampire
Oct. 2- Freddy Vs. Jason
Oct. 3- The Collector
Oct. 4- Carrie
Oct. 5- Silence of the Lambs
Oct. 6- My Bloody Valentine
Oct. 7- Ju-on: The Grudge
Oct. 8- V/H/S
Oct. 9- Saw
Oct. 10- The Collection
Oct. 11- Arachnophobia
Oct. 12- The Ring
Oct. 13- Friday the 13th
Oct. 14- Nightmare on Elm Street, Child's Play
Oct. 15- Nightmare on Elm Street 3, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Oct. 16- Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead
Oct. 17- Alien, Aliens
Oct. 18- Scream, Scream 2
Oct. 19- Scream 3, Scream 4
Oct. 20- Saw 2, Saw 3
Oct. 21- Children of the Corn, Blair Witch Project
Oct. 22- Auditon, Hostel
Oct. 23- Red Dragon, Hannibal
Oct. 24- Single White Female, Se7en, Rosemary's Baby
Oct. 25- Evil Dead, Dawn of the Dead (Remake), 28 Days Later
Oct. 26- Friday the 13th Part 2, Friday the 13th Part 3, Friday the 13th Part 4
Oct. 27- Hellraiser, Final Destination, The Prophecy
Oct. 28- The Mist, The Shining, Misery
Oct. 29- The Exorcist, The Cabin in the Woods, Suspiria
Oct. 30- Eraserhead, The Descent, The Hills Have Eyes
Oct. 31- Halloween, Halloween 2, Trick'r'Treat, The Conjuring

There you go, 58 horror movies to watch during October. I left a bunch that I love off of this list, in order to fit in ones that I have not seen, or ones that I have not seen in a while.
"It's Halloween, everyone's entitled to one good scare" -Halloween (1978)

No comments:

Post a Comment